View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 11:22 AM   #10 (permalink)
efuseakay
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 G37xS Sedan
efuseakay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf370z View Post
That's a little misleading. It's $1100 for the exhaust with SS mufflers and no resonators... carbon fiber mufflers is an option and lightens the exhaust by 6 lbs for a quick $175 (it also hides the huge canisters by making them dark lol). 12" resonators are another $130 and 18" resonators are another $30 on top of the 12", aka $160. The setup I want has transformed the exhaust from $1225.00 (including shipping to the east coast where I live lol) to $1530 (12" inch resonators w/ cf mufflers). So really it's up to you how expensive you want the exhaust. Looks really pretty either way you option it up though.

At least 12" resonators are a necessity on this exhaust unless you really don't mind being really loud after you've added hfc (if you desire). What really makes this exhaust attractive, however, is the gains/weight. It's one of the few exhausts (that I've noticed) that performs very well (20 extra rwhp -- off the Fast Intentions site) and is lighter than the stock exhaust (10 lbs with SS mufflers and 16 lbs with carbon fiber option).

In other words it's the best looking and great performing (in my opinion! ) The only downside is the exhaust is 3/8" lower than the stock exhaust so you might have issues if your car is lowered fairly decently.

All the other exhausts are alright but it seems like very few actually reduce weight and still make good gains. But hey.. I'm biased.
Money very well spent, IMO! You can't go wrong with FI!
efuseakay is offline   Reply With Quote