View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 01:59 AM   #76 (permalink)
gauchowr
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Anniversary Z
gauchowr is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to gauchowr

This is some really good advice for the op. If I had created a thread about this before purchasing my 40th, I might have done it differently. I am still happy with my choice, but often times I think about the 300 extra dollars I am giving up every month to be in this car over my accord. If you can afford it comfortably I say do it, but otherwise I would really think it thoroughly before making the purchase. If you have a good size down payment that will also help out with minimizing your payments. You only live once though, and if you're gonna do it I say do it while you're young.

Also where do you work? For me, going to work and leaving the workplace makes me nervous. I am an accountant which is a pretty conservative field. Only two of my co workers know that I bought the Z. My partners and some of my co workers would probably label me as irresponsible and a bad decision maker based on impracticality alone. I am an entry level accountant. Just started with a CPA firm about 7 months ago and am also seeing about 3k each month after taxes. I don't pay rent but I do live on my own. I also pay about 1800 for insurance per year which is only about $150 more than my accord. I have $400 student loans that I am paying off monthly. Do your homework and shop around for a reasonable insurance quote. Before I took my insurance quote offer, every other insurance company was quoting me at above 6k per year.

Make a monthly budget and try to minimize some of your expenses if you. It's not fun to have to watch what you order when you go out for dinner and drinks, but those are some of the things you will have to give up if you spread yourself thin with your salary. Hopefully you have room for growth and will be making a lot more then that in the near future.
gauchowr is offline   Reply With Quote