View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 11:06 PM   #74 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Most people think they are good drivers, but few really are, especially at 21 (no offense). The only way to be a good driver is with experience. Like motorcycles, you should work your way up and improve your skills before jumping into something this quick. If you grew up at a race track and took countless driving skill lessons, I would say go for it. Just know that if your personality is anything like most people who drive the Z, I doubt you wouldn't be tempted to gun in at stop lights. Every car has problems at some point, thats what warranties are for. Thankfully I havn't had any major problems so far other than the kicking the car into limp mode after some spirited driving (easily fixed with oil cooler). My front rotors warped slightly at around 11k miles, but they machined it for me under warranty.

Half your salary before taxes is a huge chunk and not something you should ignor if you plan on moving out of your parents in the next 3-5 years or even if you plan on doing some major mods. Insurance alone is about 2k a year and I have a clean record. I know this stuff is hard to hear, but unless you have unlimited funds, you should be carefull in making a decision this big.

In the end, its gonna be up to you and I doubt anyone here will change your mind. It seems like you've done your research pretty well, so I'm assuming all you really wanted was a push. Go for it if YOU really want it. It's your money and hard work!
Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote