View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 09:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
SmoothZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: giant sandworm
SmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknick View Post
I find it very irritating that governments focus on speed so much as if this was the only and major factor in road safety. There are many more factors that contribute to road safety. I guess speed is easily measurable and therefore a good and easy way to raise revenue from the roadside. Why are the other factors continually ignored??
Speeding is just the easiest target, per se. I understand what you're getting at, though. If we focused more on such issues as old tires, rusty fenders and exhaust ready to fall off, windows covered with tape and garbage bags, etc. we might actually get newer, safer cars on the road. However, we have a liberal govt that doesn't like picking on those folks who can't afford nice cars. Plus our pu$$y govt would rather raise revenue and spend it twofold than to fix the problems.

We also have powerful lobbying firms that have gone to bed with the private and public sector to ensure that certain issues don't come to light and make the consumer that much wiser.

"I talk to myself, and when I do that, I know I'm talking to an intelligent person."