View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 08:41 PM   #1380 (permalink)
cotizi
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 VW GTI 6MT
cotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daishi View Post
Even before the LTH's I had a hissing noise even on acceleration. Theres just too much flow in the exhaust system and the x pipe makes it worse because of all the flow it hisses once the exhaust gases meet at the x pipe. Jack your car up and turn it on have someone rev it a little while you put your hands over the flanges and check for any air leaks. Careful not to burn yourself. Mines not leaking what so ever ive checked a million times already. Theres no rasp or hiss out the back of the mufflers but its easily noticeable from the side of the car or when the windows are open.
I noticed this as well. Standing behind it in my driveway all you hear is narly exhaust note that sounds awesome, but the second you get next to it its the opposite, just hiss. When driving with the windows up I hear it all the time coming from what seems like under the spare tire area.