View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 01:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
travisjb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: VIR
travisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond repute
Default TravisJB Journal

This Journal is to track progress on my silver 6MT 370z... the car will be used primarily for the track and for occasional weekend road trips. I plan to keep the car street legal and within warranty. I will use these pages to update on modifications primarily. 4-AUGUST... OKAY, BIG UPDATE EXPLAINED IN LATER PAGES... CAR IS BEING CONVERTED TO RACE CAR... WILL BE A GRADUAL PROCESS THROUGH REST OF 2009! THANKS FOR CONTINUED SUPPORT FROM DOUBLEDOWN MOTORSPORTS, REDLINE MOTORSPORTS AND FORGED PERFORMANCE!

The car...

Here's my current project list as of 13-SEP

-----------------from 15-April------------------
For you photography buffs, I'm shooting with a 85mm fixed lens on a canon 5d mark ii... some of these were shot in near darkness, with ISO 1600... pretty cool! Unfortunately, it's my wife's camera and I'm not a great photographer so forgive the image quality

Starting with the engine bay... you'll notice that I've removed a lot from here... no wipers, don't need those in Arizona ! battery gone ! will show you that in a moment... can't see it but the washer fluid reservoir is goneso too ! you can see that I've removed the plastic engine cover

A couple more shots of the battery area

Battery has been relocated to the rear... as you can see, I temporarily have the OEM batter wedged in there on the other side of the brace... that's because my pc680 is in for a warranty check - left it idle for a couple weeks and it's not taking a charge... will be back soon.. you'll also notice the custom bracket... straight forward, bent 1/8 metal with padding along the insides to help with vibration... used existing holes on the sides, drilled 4 new holes on the top of the mount into cross-member

Here's a closer view of where we created a ground connection... grinded down the paint and drilled in a couple contact points

Last edited by travisjb; 09-13-2009 at 09:42 PM.
travisjb is offline   Reply With Quote