View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 08:30 PM   #163 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Very true. they can use just about any excuse and can take fluid samples. If they feel like being a-holes. but with a 30k car why risk it.

And no, sorry, I didnt read about how great a product is from the peolpe who made it. sorry. but I have 'heard' good things about it. I just dont see the point.....if the wetter cools the cooling system, the thermostat would just close a little and warm it up agian.... thats just my thought tho, and why are we fixing something thats not broken? the oil temp is not hot because we dont have 'water wetter' in the system. like I said, just my opinion. I stand corrected though, I did not know oil on the z is cooled by the coolant....... waiting a year before I buy mine.......let YOU guys find the limits of the car! hehehehe!
Jessie, the water wetter has nothing to do with helping to keep the water cooler, its purpose is to improve the heat transfer from the metal. This will actually make the water hotter quicker, but the water is easily cooled by the large radiator. Also on this engines the oil is indirectly cooled by the passing water (the oil and water passages are deliberately close to each other) so the better the water can transfer the heat the cooler the oil will stay.