View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 06:56 PM   #23 (permalink)
epod86
Base Member

Drives: 06 Mustang GT BK M5
epod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by frost View Post
I've been to houston many times (Family lives in sugarland), and I wouldn't want a stick there. We have bad traffic too, but it might just be worse there.
Maybe, I've always had the worst traffic with accidents on roads trying to get back into Houston. Then again, the first time I was in the state, 5 minutes after leaving the airport there was a bumper damage crash at speed. Everyone kept driving. My dad said that was why I was going to be costing him 2k a year in this state

I'm going to assume that the 2-1 downshift is rough because of the ratios. 1st is a 'pull away gear' that a manual user never downshifts into (street driving) because the ratio is really high. It's designed to get the car moving from a standstill, so the ratio is huge to get the torque to the stopped wheels.

The shift may be more noticeable because the Z is a 7 speed, and so it's relying less on the viscous and instead on making the shift to get the torque curves lined up than say a 4 speed. Then again, our hauler Commander really had some rough shifts at altitude from 4th to 3rd, followed by a very depressingly high rev as it weezed over the mountains.

I think that use will let you know how the computer thinks to try and avoid or mitigate the shift shock with time.
epod86 is offline   Reply With Quote