View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 01:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
TheShoura
Base Member

Drives: 07 Nissan Versa Blue
TheShoura is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheShoura
Default cant pull the trigger...

Ok so well to make a long story short, I drive my dads car right now and I want something of my own.. my current car is a VERSA, **** sucks to drive man, its so slow and boring

I've talked up about getting something sporty and my parents don't even want to help me buying something that expensive, they thing I'm stupid.. well... I'm 20 and I'm pulling in decent income.. I was initially going for a genesis coupe.. 3.8 track model would be nice and is fully loaded under 28k

However the 370Z seems so much more appealing for a couple reasons.. The Genesis coupe has a lot of problems.. If you search some of its related forums, they've got manual gearbox problems, the engine making crazy noises, and there's a general lack of aftermarket support for now (its increasing..)

I like the 370Z but I'm sure its had its fair share of quirks.. I see a lot about oil temp, but...is that it? I've gone through several different forum boards and all I see is 'if u drive hard get an oil cooler'... is that really it?

Also, I can't convince myself that the 370Z is worth the extra 8-12k its gonna cost me.. None of the dealerships have a manual 370Z... I want to test drive one before I finally decide what I want to get, yet nobody has a manual 370Z in stock...

For the features, I'm looking at Touring with Sport package.. I had a dealer offer me the 40th aniversary edition for like 36k... that doesn't make much sense, if they are rarer? Are these just glorified base models?

I'm in the works of getting quoted for the loan I would need to get this car, insurance is hurting though