View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 04:41 PM   #155 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I dont think the water wetter would do anything....its the oil thats hot, not the water. if water wetter was soo good, the ingredients would already be in coolant. Water is what cools your motor, the coolant just keeps the water stable (freezing/cooling) and lubricates your water pump. Anything else and your risking mixing something that may break down what your cooling system needs. And there are other variables no one thinks about (except me) like electrolysis (might be misspelled). How is this chemical effect your head gasket? how does it affect the conductivity of the coolant which eats head gaskets? what about lubrication? does it build up in your motor in the hot spots that you cant see?? Trust me.... I have seen plenty of crazy things. the best thing to do is to change it approx every 30,000. Gasoline, oil, coolant, brake fluid, all automotive chemicals have a shelf life just like milk.
My understanding is that our oil is water-cooled on this car. Hence, if you improve your water-cooling ability, you by extension improve the oil cooling. As for your list of concerns, have you done any research into this particular product to substantiate them? Because if you have, please do tell. Water Wetter is made by Red Line. Here's a link to their Water Wetter page. There's a product data sheet link at the bottom too. It lists all these chemicals that I'm sure will make more sense to you than me.

Red Line Oil: Coolants and Others