View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 09:26 AM   #26 (permalink)
Jesse_Hunter
Track Member

Drives: 07' Sky Redline
Jesse_Hunter has a reputation beyond reputeJesse_Hunter has a reputation beyond reputeJesse_Hunter has a reputation beyond reputeJesse_Hunter has a reputation beyond reputeJesse_Hunter has a reputation beyond reputeJesse_Hunter has a reputation beyond reputeJesse_Hunter has a reputation beyond reputeJesse_Hunter has a reputation beyond reputeJesse_Hunter has a reputation beyond reputeJesse_Hunter has a reputation beyond reputeJesse_Hunter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
If he didn't radar you, he couldn't ticket you anyway. That's why he gave you a warning. Speedo checks aren't concrete for a ticket. If you see that he was driving when he pulled you over and he accused you of speeding. Ask to see the radar gun. If he can't produce a reading to upload into the system. He can't give you a ticket. And... he can't fake the ticket cuz the mph anf time of ticket have to coincide.

I've heard the same thing about the radar situation. I believe that could be fought in court and dropped. No proof of speed, no basis for a ticket, IMO.

Although keep in mind that just because you don't get clocked speeding, police can normally find something to ticket you on regardless.

I had a cop friend tell me once that an officer may need to breathalizer, or field test for a DWI, but don't have to do anything for a P.I. So he was practically saying an officer needs no probable cause or proof to write you a P.I. He can base it off his opinion, if he is a ****, he has the tools to work the outcome in his favor.