View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 11:40 AM   #25 (permalink)
Modshack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazaki View Post
Speaking as someone who owned a BMW and retro-fitted it with CCFL angel eyes, I can say from experience that I much rather would have gone with LED angel eyes.

The problem is that CCFLs are quite sensitive to movement and temperature. Knock a CCFL hard enough, and it's out. Get enough extreme temperature differences (running your car during the winter with the lights on), and that would do them in.

My CCFLs (I had 4 rings total) made it through half of the winter before they started to burn out. And they weren't crap quality either.
....A lot of my Audi Buddies did this with various kits available over the years. Long term life on the CCFL's is not good. Unless you enjoy taking your headlights apart on a regular basis and the expense of regular replacements, I'd skip and go LED..

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote