View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 01:08 PM   #42 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmosh203 View Post
That's really impressive you had the balls to take everything apart like that. Soldering anything above an 0402 size is no problem but I can't imagine taking my car apart and putting it back together like that.

I'm still trying to think of ideas on what I could do to my car using a microcontroller.
Disassembly isn't too bad. The most tedious is desoldering the rotary switches for the HVAC and lining it back up through the PCB. The gauge cluster removal isn't too bad after doing it the first time.

This is going to require quite a bit of spaghetti wiring and masking of original pads. You can get 4-pin PLCC2 RGB LEDs. One pin is ground, and the other is positive for each color. Wire all the LEDs to your microcontroller/driver circuit. I guess you can program roughly 255 shades for each color. If you can pull this off, you'll be the LED god.