View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 07:25 PM   #56 (permalink)
antman22
Track Member

Drives: 09 PG 370z 7AT
antman22 is on a distinguished road

LOL, decided to bring this thread back from the dead.

So, as you know, I took back to my dealership to get the tint fixed. First time- passenger side peeling. Second time- passenger side had bubbles in the attempt to fix it. The excuse they gave me was that the cold weather didn't allow it to properly set. Ok fine, I'll believe that. So I wait until the summer hits. In TX, we're hitting 95+ degree weather right now, so its the perfect time to get it done. I take it back to get redone and they say they'll go ahead and redo all the windows (I pointed out bubbles in some other windows too).

Fantastic.

I dropped it off earlier this week to get the windows redone and the drivers seat TSB taken care of. Since they had to order the washers for the seat, it would take a few days. No problem, that allows the car to sit in the sun and the tint to set properly.

I pick up the car today and what do I notice? They only retinted one window- the driver side. Ironically, that's the one that was perfect to begin with. I tell the head dealer there and all he says is "bring it back in and we'll take care of it." F THAT. I will not be subjected to additional disappoint and inconvenience. This is two more times than I wanted to bring my car in for something that should have been done right the first time.

On the way home I also hear a slight rattle in the driver side door. It wasn't there when I dropped it off. Absurd. I'm pissed.

I wrote an email to the dealer and told him that I'm not bringing it back and I'm just going to take it to a reputable tint shop here in Dallas. The amount of time wasted on something so trivial is beyond the cost of the original tint now. I don't think I will ever get anything serviced by Courtesy Nissan of Richardson again. I wrote a letter to Nissan corporate also, who knows what will come out of it, I would guess nothing. But at least it gave me an opportunity to vent.

Anyone know of a good tint shop in the Dallas area?
antman22 is offline   Reply With Quote