View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 06:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
mjd77
Base Member

Drives: 2004 RX-8
mjd77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubya View Post
When I purchased my Z 3 weeks ago, I asked my dealer this same question because I had such trouble finding the car I wanted. From what he told me, they aren't exactly making tons of Z's, but it's mostly the fact that people don't want just base or touring, they want base w/ sports package, or touring w/ sports package, and for some reason nissan is not sending many of those(no idea why, I couldn't imagine buying a Z without the sports pkg, it takes the car to an entirely different level imo). I even remember as he was looking for the car I wanted(pearl white, base w/ sports pkg), he told me he could probably find me a standard base or touring model in that color, but sports pkg would be tough. Maybe one of the dealers on here can comment a bit more for ya.

I've noticed this too and agree with you 100%. Here in WI, there are not many to start with and it seems the only Z's available are fully loaded roadsters, 40th coupes, and base (no sport). And most of those are auto transmissions. There are no base + sport + MTs around anywhere. I know that's the most popular combo but it's not as if dealers had them and they flew off the lot. I talked to 2 dealers that haven't gotten any in that combo and they both even stated that base + sports are very difficult to find.
mjd77 is offline   Reply With Quote