View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 06:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Evildmx
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z BLK M6
Evildmx is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb POSSIBLE solution to opening top with FOB key......and MORE

Hi Guys,

I just got my Z roadster for a week but ever since I've gotten it, I been trying to find a something/anything that would allow us to do the following functions:

- open AND close top while car is in motion
- open AND close top using key (while away from the car)
- one touch open/close option while in the car (instead of holding the button)

My friend, who has a 2010 Mercedes Benz SLK, (its a hardtop convertible) installed a module from mods4cars.com which allowed him to all of the above!

Now, I did a bit of research on mods4cars.com. They are a company that creates modules for convertibles to do all of the above functions. On their site they have modules for sale which range from Bentleys to Porsche to Mini Coopers. You can even Youtube them! BUT of course, they haven't made one for the 370z

I got in contact with mods4cars and found out they are interested in developing a module for the Z. They told me they need a 370z for their lab to firstly see if its possible to create one for the Z and then develop a prototype. I would honestly lend them my car but there are a few problems.

1st - they need the car for roughly 3 days
2nd - they are located in Ocean, NJ and I'm in Toronto, Canada

I'm wondering if there is anyone out there that's around Ocean, NJ and willing to let the guys from mods4cars, see what they can do???

I'm sure I can't be the only one out there that wants my roadster to learn a few tricks. Is anyone willing to 'take one for the team' ??

Thanks for reading guys! I know that was a long post. Let me know what you think
Evildmx is offline   Reply With Quote