View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 09:32 AM   #12 (permalink)
FuszNissan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Pure Sex
FuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to FuszNissan Send a message via Skype™ to FuszNissan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan@Forged View Post
I think the most important point here is a dyno is not purchased/used as a hp readout. A Dyno is used for tuning purposes. When we picked up our dyno we did not consider how high the HP read. The reason we chose our dyno (Dyno Dynamics) was because we felt it was the best option available to tune cars with. We feel our dyno is the best way to simulate a car driving on the pavement, thus makes the most sense for us to tune with. Sure our dyno reads lower numbers than others, but this has been a non issue. 500whp on our dyno is going to slaughter a 500whp car on a dynojet given it's the same car. As far as which dyno is the most realistic... what do you consider realistic? That is really a matter of opinion if you ask me. The quote "theDreamer" posted is a perfect example. What really matter is the real world results of before and after testing. Each dyno is accurate to it's own settings given that the output has not been tampered with. I don't believe one dyno is more accurate than another, they just read differently.

I don't believe manufacture's mean to deceive anyone with their hp number claims, although most dynos from a manufacture are going to read on the higher end as they are made to reflect their products in the best way. The best way to get an accurate idea of how much power a product makes is to find an unbiased test of the product from a shop that can give you a before and after reading. Take the % gained from the product, not the overall power gained. Just my 2 cents.

Great Post Ryan.

ZDAYZ 2012
FuszNissan is offline   Reply With Quote