View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 05:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Skaterbasist
Base Member

Drives: 06 G35 Coupe 6MT
Skaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
Sure,

First of all, the idea of having carbon wrapped anything is pointless. Carbon should be used to reduce weight, not to make things look pretty. Nothing wrong with it looking pretty in the process of shedding weight. Those are just carbon sleeves around a metal canister.

Secondly, it is great that its a true dual, but the lengths are unequal, which could be a good thing or a bad thing.

I dont like the way the resonators dont seem to flow with the rest of the exhaust, they are just welded on there. Looks like they dont fit together. Also, 4.5" tip with 2" or 2.5" piping the rest of the way, why not just make it as free flowing as possible and make it all 3 or 4". The tips look like they just bought them at autozone.

It just doesnt look smooth to me, looks hacked together from different components and I'm sure they charge a good chunk of change for that. Truth is I could go to my local muffler shop and have them build me the same thing. Then I can make it heavier and more expensive by adding carbon sleeves.
1) The mufflers are full CF

2) The resonators don't stand out that much in person. It's just the angle along with the camera flash that makes them so obvious.

3) Why would anyone do 3" exhaust piping on a naturally aspirated car? And 4" piping? ...not even high powered turbo cars have the need for that.

4) The exhaust looks anything but cheap. The whole design just looks very classy, which was one of the reasons why it was such a big hit on the G35 community.

You really need to see/hear the exhaust in person. That doesn't mean everyone will like the design, but its just a quality exhaust. (The welds are also superb).

-Henry
Skaterbasist is offline   Reply With Quote