View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 08:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
toner123
Track Member

Drives: TT 370z Touring/SP
toner123 has a spectacular aura abouttoner123 has a spectacular aura abouttoner123 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to toner123

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
Hey Toner....you're not gonna like this. Even when one certain type of dyno is used, the tuner can calibrate that dyno to give higher or lower numbers. I was just talking to someone yesterday who did a 275 baseline on a mustang dyno and then 330 with some bolt on's. If you know mustangs, those numbers are nearly impossible...those are dynojet numbers. Not to mention weather can make a difference of upwards of 10hp. Hell the same dyno will give you different results in consecutive pulls.

Its not an exact science and no one can really say this dyno reads accurately and this other one doesn't. If you take into account what the accepted drivetrain loss is for a rwd car (something like 12-15%) then the Z should put down around 280-290whp.

DynoDynamics put down around 255 stock. Mustangs 265. DynoJets 275 and dynapaks 285.

Tuners will tell you though that they prefer DD's and MD's because they put realistic load on the car and produce more consistent numbers.

Hope that helps!
I understand that and read all that. Thats what brings it back to one big decieving thing. If there all going to read different and possibly have no truth in the whp numbers then why have it. I feel there needs to be a standard on these machines that provide actual information and limit the operator from saying someones car is 500 whp when its really 350. This is the point i was trying to state in my first post.
toner123 is offline   Reply With Quote