View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 09:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
antennahead
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '07 Z4 "M" Roadster
antennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
AFAIK the Nissan Ester Oil pictured above is dino with synthetic ester-based additives to help out with keeping a good lube film on the VVEL stuff. Motul 300V is a Group V full-synthetic which is ester based, and is what I'm going to be switching to on my next change (I did my first change at about 1850 with the Nissan Ester stuff). Unfortunately, the Motul costs even a bit more than the Nissan stuff. Better value for the money though.
You know, this is what I thought as well ........ dino with ester additives. The G37 link in this thread stated group V synthetic, which I think is incorrect, unless you can classify as a group V synthetic as dino with additives.

John