View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 05:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: the 2 balled club
Zsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_Hunter View Post
Hey so just wanted to say i got pulled over for the first time in my Z last Sat.

Heres the story......

I had just finished swimming at my apt, me and a friend of mine were headed downtown to a local bar. It was roughly 7 pm, still broad daylight. I was excited to get to bar, in a generally good mood. I was driving on a service road beside a main freeway. I was at a red light, the light turned green, and I may have accelerated a little quickly and up to a speed slightly over the speed limit on said road.

After I was up to speed and cruising I glanced back at what appeared to be a white Dodge charger, at closer inspection I realized it might have been a local sheriff's charger. I proceeded to ask my friend "Brandon, is that a cop?" He replyed with "Hmmm.... I think that is a cop". Right after his reply, I got hit with the lights.

The officer proceeded up to my window, hand on pistol and asked me for my license and insurance, and proceeded to tell me I was going 54 in a 45. I have a Passport, that never went off during entire pull over process. So I think maybe he just used his speed tailing me to determain that I was speeding. My friend then proceeds to lean down, look out my window, and say "Hey (insert name of cop)". The cop greeted him back, busted out the tint gun to make sure I was legal, handed me my license back and gave me a verbal warning. Overall he was a nice guy, although I am certain things wouldn't have gone so smoothly if my friend wouldn't have happened to be in the car.

You see, My friend is in Police academy, and the cop that just happened to pull me over was his instructor!

In closing, I'm almost certain the cop was directly behind me at that red light and I just wasn't paying attention at all.
Ive had the same thing happen to me about cop behind me and not knowing and pulling off too quickly but not over speed limit. He stopped me and then just gave me a warning about pulling off too fast.