View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 05:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you got a warning.

Best tip I can ever give folks, and I think it's why I have more warnings than tickets, is to just be courteous and passive with the police if you know you're in the wrong. "Please, thank you, sir/ma'am"... Also, follow the instructions to a tee.

It also helps if you inform them of little things, like "My registration is in the glove compartment. I'm going to reach for it now." Fact is, although it's a stressful situation, they're doing their job, and even if it's a routine stop, a cop has no reason to assume that. They get guns pulled on them, people trying to run them over, etc, etc... So, if you're generally pleasant and courteous and just go along with stuff, they tend to be a little lenient. Not always, but it works from time to time.

And if you're an attractive woman, you know that the pitiful story and waterworks can do the trick. Not that I'm advocating dishonesty, just sayin'...