View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 01:31 PM   #29 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorrow View Post
Thanks to all for the feedback. I actually got pretty smooth shifts today between 1 and 2 when I took the rpms to about 3500 in 1, hit the clutch a bit quicker, and maintained a slight bit of throttle with some subtle accelerator pedal pressure and a slower release of the clutch. The other gears are no problem...smooth and silky. By the way, I am trying to abide by the break-in period set forth in the Owners Manual by keeping the rpms down through all gears during this period. I will get used to it...1 to 2 is just a bit sensitive in this car.

good to hear. yah, usually take 1st gear to near 4K rpm on all my cars for "normal" acceleration.

the slight bit of throttle does help.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote