View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 10:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Gaiiden
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Touring 6sp
Gaiiden is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Gaiiden Send a message via AIM to Gaiiden Send a message via MSN to Gaiiden Send a message via Yahoo to Gaiiden Send a message via Skype™ to Gaiiden
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj45 View Post
IIRC, after the ignition is turned off, the power windows will still work for a little while (maybe 30 seconds or so). There's no need to turn (push) the ignition to ON. However, if you open the door after turning off the ignition, the power windows may not work.
This is exactly right.

I did what the OP did (I knew the power windows were already disabled) but left the car on overnight and had a dead battery the next morning It took me a good amount of thinking to realize what the hell I had done to drain the battery since I knew I hadn't left lights on or anything! I always use the door button to set the lock - I never take my keys out of my pocket anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapoZalsa View Post
Well I find myself trying to pull the key from the ignition 370 just as a custom since my DD y my old lady SUV is with a key.
HAHAHAHA - but I laugh with you as I find myself doing this as well from time to time, usually after having driven a family car since mine is the only one with push-button ignition
Gaiiden is offline   Reply With Quote