View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 02:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
AK370Z
Administrator

Drives: 09 370Z MB Sports M6
AK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just Installed youledshop SMD Trunk LED! (Prototype)

As you've seen my thread last week, where I installed the whole interior led kit which included map lights, trunk light and license plate lights. While the map and license plate lights were perfect, I felt that the trunk led was not as bright as I think it should be. It's probably okay for some owners but I like my trunk area to be fully lighted as I do shopping and use the trunk regularly. So, thanks to cliff, he sent this awesome SMD Bright White led for my car to try out. Check it out:

Not 1 or 2, 24 bright white led!

As you can see, it fires straight into the trunk area not the plastic end!

Perfect brightness!

The pictures may not show (because it's very hard to take picture of bright bulb at night) but this LED panel lights up the whole trunk. Also, unlike previous trunk led which illuminates straight(as some of you asked), this SMD LED puts out full output TOWARD the trunk as it sits flush with the clear plastic surface.

Here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Ppjw3lAl4
P.S. I know my trunk is very dirty . I still have wood chips from the woods I bought for ramp extenders)

Conclusion: These bulbs illuminates the trunk area perfectly. If like your trunk fully light up, please don't forget to ask cliff when you place your led kit order. I like to give them 9.5 out of 10! Very happy with the whole led setup now!
My Monterey Blue Z ll My Exhaust --> My Intake --> G3
Nissan's Official Response Regarding Oil Temp Issue: CLICK HERE
Need a Set of Cheap Winter wheels /Tires? Then Visit The Banner Link Below and Place Your Order. You'll Help Keep The370Z Alive.
AK370Z is offline   Reply With Quote