View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 03:40 PM   #60 (permalink)
axio
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370Z
axio will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
^^ I'm just answering the guy's question, not taking a position as to whether or not it'll ever happen. And quite frankly, I don't care if it does. If it throws a CEL, then I'll fix it. I just don't consider it that big a deal. If you're into modding, it just comes with the territory as far as I'm concerned. I expect problems, and when I don't experience them I consider it a bonus that exceeds my expectations. IMHO, anyone who expects everything to be smooth sailing just isn't experienced at modding.
How exactly do you intend to fix it? I ordered the Berk cats, and like you, i'm not too concerned about a CEL. But if it shows up, is the fix something as simple as removing the cat, and then inspecting it and cleaning it out?

Forgive me if this is incorrect, but could the CEL be showing up on these Berk cats because of carbon build-up in that O2 sensor extender tube? could it be something as simple as removing the O2 sensor and then cleaning any carbon build-up? Again, I have no idea, just throwing out some possibilities on what could be causing it.
axio is offline   Reply With Quote