View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 07:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffblue View Post
you engage your clutch for 1st gear at 1.8-2k? aren't you burning your clutch doing that? I engage around 1k 1.5 tops in normal driving. I specifically try and avoid reving above 1.5k from a stand still in normal driving. am i wrong?
That's the rpm when I have the clutch all the way in. Then the rpm drops as the car picksup momentum. So the full engagement point is lower but not by much.

Engaging into 1st is not a competition of how low you can go. Heck I can engage 1st with zero throttle input and still get the car to go, but depending on traffic and how quickly i want to accelerate, the rpm will vary. On my G I usually engage 1.5K range and its fine, but on the z, I engage much higher. Give it a shot.

And no, unless you're riding the clutch (dragging the engagement for a long duration like 5seconds) its not going to burn it out. A lot of newbs worry about this but it actually takes quite a bit to burn out a clutch.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote