View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 10:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
your 1st gear engagement from standstill has a lot of influence of how much more or less control you need between the 1-2 shift.

engage 1st from about 1.8-2k rpm. that makes the car wind up smoother in 1st so it's easier to level off the throttle to prepare for 2nd gear. clutch-in, slightly apply gas to keep the flywheel in the positive momentum and engage clutch gently. there should be no slip into 2nd gear. good luck.
you engage your clutch for 1st gear at 1.8-2k? aren't you burning your clutch doing that? I engage around 1k 1.5 tops in normal driving. I specifically try and avoid reving above 1.5k from a stand still in normal driving. am i wrong?
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote