View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 09:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

Someone one here mentioned once 'a little bit of gas at the engagement point' when shifting. that idea has helped me totally smooth out my shift from 1st-2nd. If you are shifting at a lower RPM, which you probably are right now since you most likely just got the car (3 posts) push in the clutch just a bit slower than you think you should, and you can let it out quick until RIGHT before the engagement point. Then a very little bit of gas as you smoothly come off the clutch. You know how to shift already, just imagine trying to do everything absolutely perfectly, and that what you have to do to get a perfect shift from 1 to 2. it will come naturally once you drive the car for a bit. Take every stop sign, stop light etc as an opportunity to practice your N-1-2. I stop at every stop sign in my Z just to see how smoothly i can get it
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote