View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 05:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
370Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 Corvette G.S.
370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh@STILLEN View Post
Good to hear you found the issue on the install.. and the window fix as well. I've sent a PM, but the advise you're getting on the codes is dead on.

SES or CEL lights can 'stick' and take some engine driving cycles to reset themselves, or you can definitely hit one of the local autoparts stores like AutoZone who will do a free engine code diagnosis, or my ultimate recommendation would be to find a cheap scanner to check and reset codes, and is super handy to just have.

As you move forward with your build and have a tuning option, a lot of those devices also offer code scanning/reset as part of the package.

I guess what I'm saying is dont necessarily run to Nissan just to check the codes, as they will inevitably charge you too much, potentially more than getting a cheap code reader, just to find a sticky code for the problem you've already identified. If the car is running fine now with the sensors in place, it will reset itself.

Sorry I didn't see these threads earlier, glad the install is in place.

So now that it's functioning as intended.. thoughts after the install?
Sound advice.

I'm gonna jump in here because I just installed Gen3's last night/this morning (had to stop due to torrential rain and darkness )

I took the Z for a 40-mile run to shake things out, up until about 20 miles there was a bit of hesitation at about 1500rpm but as the ECU learned (I'd say around 30 miles, just as Stillen advises) things smoothed right out.

I LOVE the sound! And oh my the butt-dyno is giving 2-thumbs-up, it feels like there is a massive power gain above 5K. Gonna do another dyno run later in the week.

And no CELs! I'm not even sure what the OP meant by "2 more sensors" either? The only thing I unplugged were the MAFS.