View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 02:26 PM   #32 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370zproject View Post
tyvm now what kind of metal would u put that on?
go to a hobby store and look for some brass colored alloy sheet metal. they are already cut in like 1/2" and 3/4" widths so easy to use. i happened to have some brackets laying around from a jcw intake install i did a while ago so use that. i was thinking about painting it black but since the metal matched the color of the satin trim so i steel wooled it until a nice brushed look and i just left it as is.

as for the mount itself, i just cut off the suction cup off the mount that came with my GPS unit, drilled 4 holes into the base to hold it in place using small tapping screws. thing is very solid.

kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote