View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 11:22 AM   #169 (permalink)
Zeto
Track Member

Drives: 09 Pearl White 370Z
Zeto has a reputation beyond reputeZeto has a reputation beyond reputeZeto has a reputation beyond reputeZeto has a reputation beyond reputeZeto has a reputation beyond reputeZeto has a reputation beyond reputeZeto has a reputation beyond reputeZeto has a reputation beyond reputeZeto has a reputation beyond reputeZeto has a reputation beyond reputeZeto has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Zeto

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDMotorsports View Post
In road racing I think that losing weight, and moving weight are just as important as one another. Losing the maximum amount of weight is the ideal situation, but a lot of times, that doesn't work out in production based cars. Most of the weight you are going to be able to easily remove will be off the rear of the car. Eventually the weight difference front & rear will hurt handling more than the weight savings helps it. Moving weight to the places where you need it most while having as little effect on handling as possible can be more beneficial in some situations.
I have to disagree here. Coming from an S2K where weight reduction is crucial, I think one member put it best. He also happens to be one of the top S2000 drivers in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaRedline,Aug 9 2007, 08:09 PM
So cut a hole. No guts, no glory
I personally would take weight loss over weight balance any day. You can at least try to tune out uneven distribution through the suspension and tires. You can't tune out fat.

Last edited by Zeto; 04-14-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Zeto is offline   Reply With Quote