View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 01:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Josh@STILLEN
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2004 G35 Coupe 6MT
Josh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear you found the issue on the install.. and the window fix as well. I've sent a PM, but the advise you're getting on the codes is dead on.

SES or CEL lights can 'stick' and take some engine driving cycles to reset themselves, or you can definitely hit one of the local autoparts stores like AutoZone who will do a free engine code diagnosis, or my ultimate recommendation would be to find a cheap scanner to check and reset codes, and is super handy to just have.

As you move forward with your build and have a tuning option, a lot of those devices also offer code scanning/reset as part of the package.

I guess what I'm saying is dont necessarily run to Nissan just to check the codes, as they will inevitably charge you too much, potentially more than getting a cheap code reader, just to find a sticky code for the problem you've already identified. If the car is running fine now with the sensors in place, it will reset itself.

Sorry I didn't see these threads earlier, glad the install is in place.

So now that it's functioning as intended.. thoughts after the install?
Josh@STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote