View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 10:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon FM View Post
If you hate the tire I'm guessing that is experienced based? If so what's your story on different pressure setups including temperatures and how many laps before noticed affects etc. => Aiming at were the tires up to temp prior to any bad experiences?

Next time out I'll try "a little" more pressure.

Thanks!
The change in tire pressure wasnt noticeable in terms of feel, but I was averaging .5-1.5 sec faster per lap. It honestly doesn't make the car feel any better, but it is faster in my experience with them (on two different cars).

I just don't like them because of the price to grip factor. For the price close to the A6/R6 or R1, they don't even come close in terms of grip/time. On the other hand, the RA1 were slow, but they could last 3x as long. It's all about grip to life to cost factor for me, I just don't see the reason of getting the R888 unless you absolutely need to drive the car to an event and in bad weather. There is a reason why Toyo is re-releasing the RA1......

I was a long time lover of the RA1 on my 350z, then I sold the car and got a C6, I used R888 on it for 2 years, then I moved to a RX-8 where I tried R888/R1/Dunlop street tires.
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote