View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 08:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
scruffydog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with his eyes close
scruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon FM View Post
Very easy to machine but not super cheap. Very tough, durable, wear resistant plus no additional anodizing required (could be a negative if someone wants color?)

Buying online ~$64 for a 4"x4"x8" block. Another site showed ~$440 for a 4"x12"x12".

I machined/prototyped some underwater equipment (years ago) using Delrin…….love the stuff.
yea, they're definitely very easy to machine and thanks for letting me know they're not that cheap because I only use it for work and whenever i send out prototypes I hardly pay any attention to cost since most of the things i make the final product is a combination of metal brackets inside an injection molded part. Anyhow, I am not here to try to start a business to make any money. I just want to design stuff for 370z members (mainly myself) and hopefully I could get it out there cheap enough so others will also buy it. Right now I'm struggling between the swivel idea because I want it really robust and I think having it on a rotating ball just seems like it provides too much of a degree of freedom for something that's only going to be adjusted one time unlike a typical camera mount where you adjust it constantly at different locations. I don't want someone giving it a minor bump to move the camera angle.

I am trying to come up with either slide rails type of adjustment for height instead - that way it'd be more steady. Plus, I want something that looks good as well while keeping functionality and cost in mind.
scruffydog is offline   Reply With Quote