View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 06:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
AdamsPolishes
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2009 Avalanche
AdamsPolishes has a spectacular aura aboutAdamsPolishes has a spectacular aura about

Heres my 2 pennies worth -

For the mostpart theres nothing wrong with the wash itself. From what research I've done the touchless washes get their cleaners from the same chemical sources with a few exceptions. Theres no way to know whos using what so don't stress over it. The few exceptions to the rule can be using some pretty harsh detergents (obviously if it cleans w/o agitation its probably a pretty gnarly chemical) worst case these are going to strip your wax or sealant / degrade their durability.

Where you have to be careful is the post wash dry... a lot of people just grab a towel or chamois and dry the remaining water DON'T DO THAT!!

The touchless system is not very thorough and you can be left with a sizable amount of contamination on your paint. By towel drying your dragging that contamination (grit) all over the paint.

If you're going to go that route use a paint safe towel like a waffle weave microfiber and a drying agent like detail spray or waterless wash. I recently moved and my garage is still in shambles while we get organized again. All my wash supplies are burried so to clean my truck this last time I ran thur the local Chevron touchless wash, pulled out and saturated every surface with our waterless wash and with a couple of towels wiped everything down.

This method isn't perfect... by wiping an only semi-clean paintjob you run the risk of swirls. If you insist on going this route at least minimize the potential for damage by using a drying agent and the best quality towels you can.

Last edited by AdamsPolishes; 06-03-2010 at 06:38 PM.
AdamsPolishes is offline   Reply With Quote