View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 04:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuszNissan View Post
I averaged 240-245 when I had my PG Demo.
Mods where : F.I. Exhaust , Stillen Gen 3 Intake, and Berk HFC's. I did the proper break in to the tee.
Last summer while my car was a newb, I was getting routinely in the 230s during street driving. It would creep up to 240 if I sat in traffic for an hour. I was especially annoyed at how retarded the engine timing felt as the temps went higher and higher. Perhaps that was just general heat soak though...

On my track days, she'll climb to 260 and I have to back off. It doesn't ruin the day, but it's annoying to see the needle keep going up, up, up. Also, I've been limited to early and late season events as I know that a July/August track day will lead to oil-boiling temps.

So, I'm going to install a cooler with a 200F thermostat shortly.