Thread: Valugard
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 06:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
PrObLy
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z MB M6
PrObLy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
A coating on what? The paint? Kinda like the ClearBra concept?

This is how it was described to me: a five layer coating with a (supposedly) PTFE impregnated substance that they guarantee to protect your clear coat for 5 years.

This protection guarantee doesn't include chips and scratches like those a clear-bra would prevent/minimize; however, they fully guarantee that the sun won't damage it and other things (i.e. tree sap) will cause no damage and will be easily removed.

I saw AK370Z's thread about having spots of missing clear coat and decided to fork over the $299 as sort of an insurance policy incase this happens to my Z as well.

It may be a big gimmick, but they did hit the car with a clay bar beforehand and then after applying this stuff, it sure looked nice. I've had my fair share of bugs splattered across the hood and they've all wiped off with ease.

The salesman was so confident that he claimed you would only need to rinse the car off with water and a very mild soap (such as Ivory) to fully clean it and it would not have to be waxed for at least five years (this is part of their "guarantee"...which I've yet to receive in the mail like they promised )

Anyways, I haven't had it long enough to say if it actually is worthwhile or a complete scam ... but I bought it pretty much as insurance that my clear coat wouldn't disappear like has been reported.
PrObLy is offline   Reply With Quote