View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 06:55 AM   #79 (permalink)
Scott @ RA
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Ridiculously Fast
Scott @ RA has a spectacular aura aboutScott @ RA has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0ady View Post
^awesome news.

i think too many people have these brakes just for looks scott which is the problem right now.

any recommendations for good street/track pads to go with them? dedicated track pads?
Woady, I would have to agree with you on the fact that it seems that for the most part people did/ are buying the Akebono brake kits more for the looks, rather than the performance.

However, with the addition of these light weight two piece rotors (along with upgraded pads, lines, and fluid), we can and have turned these well proportioned Akebono brake calipers into a legit and track worthy big brake kit.

As for my recommendation on brake pads for street and track... I honestly have not tried a lot of different pads (extensively) as of yet.

The stock OEM pads are a very light duty pad and although they serve their purpose.... I would recommend a better/ harder street pad for use with our harder, heat treated rotors.
At this time, I can only vouch for the Hawk line of pads we have used thus far, on this brake kit. Although there is plenty of quality pad companies and choices that should be just fine.

So I can recommend the Hawk HPP for light to moderate track use and the Hawk HPS for daily driving. These have worked well so far.

What I am looking forward to..... In the near future (with the help of the automotive leader in custom brake pads) we hope to experiment more with a wider variety of custom compounds, friction materiel's, and heat ranges of pads and will actually be branding our own pads for a variety of different uses.

Last edited by Scott @ RA; 06-03-2010 at 07:59 PM.