View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 03:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
bullitt5897
Premium Member

Drives: Twin Turbo Z34
bullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by srr2449 View Post
Ok I live in Atlanta and stopped in at two different shops. Both have good names and good history. The only difference between the two is one will sell me Focal, and the other Hertz. I have a feeling I want the Focal setup more, so I will share that with you and hope you can guide me with advice.

Kenwood DNX8120 [double din all in one unit]

Focal 165krx3 [3 way speaker setup 6.5" going in door, 3" mids going on top of dash in corners closest to windshield, tweeters going in pillars]

JL Audio 12w3v3-4 [12" sub going in rear hatch spare tire enclosure]

Alpine pdx-5 [5 channel amp going in rear hatch spare tire enclosure]

--------------------------------------------

My other option is going with the Hertz MLK3 3way system. I honestly think the Focal sounded better but it could have been the music playing on it or just that the sound board was better.. My questions are which speakers should I go with, and is my setup and placement ideal?

Wat part of Atlanta are you from? Which shops did you go to? I think your on the right track. another good set of components to take a look at are the flagship momo's they are CRISP yet they carry a full body of sound! One of the best components I have seen on the market while at a decent price. As far as subs go you can fit 2 x 12's in the spare tire area and mount the amps behind the seats or the front part of the hatch allowing you to keep your lugage space
bullitt5897 is offline   Reply With Quote