View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 10:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
Philipp
Base Member

Drives: 370z SP MT Titanium
Philipp will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkJon34 View Post
Idk if it was the picture but it really does look like the shift knob height is lowered alot. You should put a review of it up, any difficulty putting it into 6th/reverse, etc...? I had a TWM short shifter kit for my 07 Civic SI and it did improve, but for the SI it was just a tiny piece that was switched out. Not sure whats involved with the 370Z. Would you rate the TWM over the AMS short shifter?
Jon,

I ran over 600km on since last Wednesday. So far i didn't notice change in the SS behaviour while shifting (whatever the RPM range). As far as the lowering, as said before it's about 0,25' below stock. I will try to get some pics of a new nob this week-end.

For any comparison from TWN vs AMS, i cannot state since, i never tried the AMS on my car...

As for the reverse or 6th gear engagement, no issues at all. However, i must say that it took me a couple of days to get use to the SS "mechanical feel" when shifting (had the same learning curve on my previous SS install...).

Here's a pic of the throw improvement (3rd to 4th gear).

Phil
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 370_twm_throw_noName.jpg (51.0 KB, 77 views)