View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 08:53 PM   #712 (permalink)
stormcrow
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Nismo TT
stormcrow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle@STILLEN View Post
Storm- There are many reasons I have not directly answered your post and to be honest, this will probably be the last time I do. It's because you are a heavily biased member of the forum and all of your questions/posts are only intended to make STILLEN look bad. Why would I waste my time going back and forth with someone who clearly only has one goal in mind...Whether it is our supercharger, urethane, or anything else you seem intent on tearing it down.

I am not trying to call anyone a liar but I am saying that there are a long list of variables to consider. Who did the installation? How was the installation performed? Were all of the instructions followed from beginning to end including, was the correct preparation done prior to paint all the way to, was a reinforcement bracket removed from the factory fascia to our STILLEN fascia. It is not possible to offer a blanket statement about a particular product because there are just too many things that can be different or can be a related issue. For example, you even stated yourself that you experienced an issue with your fascia but sold the car. You make no mention of notifying STILLEN or asking for assistance or anything...

STILLEN has been manufacturing urethane body kits in house for well over 20 years. We also manufacture and private label body kits for some of the largest automotive tuner's in the world. I wish I could disclose the names of some of these other companies but contracts prevent me from doing so.

Also, I do take personal offence to someone who makes claims like our design is a rip off of any other companies designs. I was heavily involved in the design of this body kit and I can promise you I had never seen that GT R body kit prior to your post. With that being said, it is very common to borrow lines and designs from other vehicle's and adapt them to work on a body kit. For example, during the development of our Series 2 body kit for the 350Z we actually had a die cast car of a Ferrari 360 Modena in our design studio. We liked the looks of those scoops and wanted to develop them to be functional. So, we made them functional brake ducts. The side vents that you see on our fascia are functional by incorporating oil coolers on the sides. Additionally the center fangs are going to be functional brake ducting as well. We also incorporated a top vent which is a functional "ram air" to our Gen. 3 intakes and supercharger intakes. If someone doesn't like the look of our design, that's fine. Not everyone is going to like the look of every body kit out there...That's the beauty of this business, there are plenty of other offerings...
Kyle - it is easy to sit in your chair and try and encourage, as well as, jump on the bandwagon of trying to paint me as vendor biased. This is truly not the case and you know it. If I were, I would have supported Forged Performance through all of the recent debacles without question as Sharif was notably, for years, one of my best friends. I have explained my issue with Stillen. Same products, same hype, same issues. Whether you care to admit it or not, Stillen recreates the same problems over and over again.

There are other members on this forum who have indicated that they have had issue with your fascias in the past...in this thread. A lot of people are not as inclined to step up and speak their minds as I am. They don't want to be bashed, mixed in the drama or called a nuthugger of another shop. I, personally, do not care if people bash me or call me a nuthugger. When I close my eyes at night I know that none of that matters and people have a right to the truth.

That aside, I could easily dig up many posts stating issues with Stillen products...not only about body parts but about supercharger kits, and other upgrades. I didn't bother to do this, as you did, because I will let others do the necessary research. I am merely pointing out issues that I see as recurrent. I didn't bother to report the issue of my bumper to Stillen because I had spoken with few others behind the scene who had and had zero luck when doing just that. I wasn't going to bother wasting my time. Especially when I wanted another look, anyway.

I did, however, report all of my issues with the Stillen supercharger kit for the 2006 Pathfinder and was met with stall tactics and "not our problem" responses. I will say that when the piggy-back that you guys sent took a dump two days after install, I was able to get one via Saturday delivery. At least you guys took my disabled vehicle somewhat seriously. But, the "we will diagnose it and get back with you on what we find" fell through the cracks after I sent the unit back. Still no follow up to this day on what caused it to fail. And, yes, I was truly interested in the findings.

One last point - I did not mean to personally offend you, but I must say that your stating you had never seen that GT-R bumper until I posted it has got to be fabricated. Kyle, you are all over NAGTROC and there is no way possible you have not seen threads about or pictures posted of the Ventross body kit. I don't bother with body kit threads and I have seen it. Hell, other vendors even post threads selling them. The fact that you deny ever seeing this body kit before my posting it in this thread speaks volumes about anything you might post to me in here or anywhere else. Let me guess...you have no idea who Soccer Dad is and have never seen the blue GT-R.

Good luck with it all, man. Not that it matters to you or anyone else. But you just lost all credit with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRich View Post
Raise your hand if you're the guy who requested Stormcrow to please step out in the first place.

*raises hand*

Seriously, can we keep these things on topic? And stormcrow, please feel free to express any concerns you have, but can you please simply state your experience without being so obvious about trying to bash the living pi** out of Stillen? It really has gotten old and it's nothing but annoying. Most of us have realized by now that most of what you say isn't worth listening to so just shut it down man.
Feel free to ignore my posts. BTW, I am not the one who brought up the Stillen fascia in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.O.W. 370Z View Post
a wise man once said "But, I am always going to speak up when their is obvious Vendor bias." - Stormcrow 04/09/2010 7:07 PM

Forged Perfomance and my G37 TT build

Hypocrites kick with their hind feet while licking with their tongues.
-Russian Proverb
Prove that I am vendor biased.
stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote