View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 03:38 PM   #49 (permalink)
Lee123
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Roadster
Lee123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
why go to a restaurant in a high theft area in the first place? find another restaurant...(?)
I appreciate all the suggestions, even those telling me we should avoid the area, but lots of people go there and percentage wise only a few have problems. There are many crowded restaurants around there, and the mall has the normal assortment of stores and quite a bit of business. I was interested in finding out how hard, or easy, it would be to steal the car since it is entirely different than any I have owned before with the electronic control, push button, and no key. I thought it would be hard to steal other than with a flat bed and wanted to verify that. I figured if I just asked the question "how hard is it to steal a 370z?" with no explanation it would sound like I hoped to start a collection. So I mentioned the restaurant which is probably the most risky place I ever leave my car. When I go there I park in front of the building in a well lighted area with people coming and going. If thieves had bogus key units and could walk up, get in, start the car, and drive away I'd be worried. I'm not to worried about someone loading it on a flat bed while while the restaurant is still busy. I love the car and am willing to take reasonable precautions to keep it safe, but not to make significant changes to our habits.
Lee123 is offline   Reply With Quote