View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 02:13 PM   #31 (permalink)
Dpeters
Base Member

Drives: 2009 Nismo PG 370Z
Dpeters is on a distinguished road

I rarely post here but figured I'd chime in on this thread....

Back in 2004 I test drove an S2000 and was disappointed in several categories compared to the Z:

1. Torque was not all that. You had to wind it up to high RPMs just to get anything out of it.
2. It simply felt like I was driving a go-kart. In fairness, this is how many people like their car to feel but I just felt the Z was a bit more refined.
3. The soft top was no where near the ease of the Z. Having to get out of the car to put the cover on the back was annoying and simply not something I was going to do on a daily basis. The Z, having the hard cover, was simply a better option for me.... and better looking with the top down.

NOTE: I was specifically shopping for ragtops. Also, I have to say I was a little disappointed in the get up and go of the Z Roadster (even though I bought the Z and drove it for 5.5 years) but it simply seemed to be the better ride of the two.

I now own a 370 Nismo and I could honestly say that I'd never even try to compare the 370 and the S2k. The 370 is simply a far better car than both the 350 and the S2000.

With regards to the cornering ability.... Yes, the S2K might be able to handle slightly better than the Z due to less weight, but the Z will be so far ahead of the S2K that by the time the S2K had a chance to outhandle it, it's too late. The Z (both 350 and 370) will simply catch up or get further ahead upon every single straight away.
Dpeters is offline   Reply With Quote