View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 09:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
djpathfinder
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2012 GT-R BE
djpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDancer View Post

I have chopped up my leg one time with the Blade SR. I wasn't expecting it to roll on its "training" balls toward me. It cut my left leg in three places and my right leg in a single place. The rotor can really be deadly if you aren't careful and respect it NOT as a toy.
Yes, that's exactly the attitude and respect you have to give spinning blades...even though they are "toys", they aren'tt, and can be very dangerous. Can you imagine what larger carbon fibre blades can do to someone or something? Join a local RC heli club if you have one. Lots of good info, safety tips and safe places for you to fly as you progress with the hobby. They can even help you develop your flight skills.

3D refers to the type of flying where you flip and twist the heli (included inverted flight) in ways a real heli can't do. You can go on youtube and search rc heli, 3d, F3C and you're bound to come across some videos of 3D flying. I'm into more the realistic scale flying myself...smooth, slow and controlled, which in many ways is harder to do than 3D.