View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 05:57 AM   #24 (permalink)
Vegitto-kun
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z
Vegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyreboltx View Post

Some things I'd like your opinions on are:
1. How does it fair as a daily driver? I've read a few of the previous posts on this topic and most of it seems generally positive but... not really reassuring.

I'll be driving to/from school (an hour each way) in the fall when I go back to school for my Masters and most of it will be fairly smooth roads. I know it's not going to comfortable, like my previous cars but is it at least bearable? In my city there are plenty of really bad roads which I'll have to drive through nearly everyday but they're short stretches. I'm only 5'8" and have sat in one already so space isn't an issue.

2. I've read a lot of complaints about road noise. Has that issue been fixed or is it still prevalent?

3. Now... I'm sure this will make some of you cringe but can this be driven during the winter, with the standard all season tires? (*My brother's IS350 has summer/winter tires and that's something I'd rather not put up with.)

My commute will be done in the northern IL area and winters here are pretty bad... and I know that going from two front wheel drive cars to a rear wheel sports car is NOT going to be an easy transition.

4. The paint really that bad? I mean... I sofa-king hate swirls/chips on my cars. I understand it's unavoidable but from "Most Fragile Car I've Ever Owned!", it sounds like the paint just falls off for some of you.

5. To those of you with the 2009 model, is it a fairly reliable car? We've always bought Japanese since they make reliable cars but JD powers gave the 2010 Z a 6/10 rating in terms of reliability. I understand it's only an estimate but still, figured I'd get some of your opinions.

And any other tips/opinions/advise would be well appreciated. If I learned anything from GI Joe, it's that knowing is only half the battle (they never did tell me what the other half was...).
I drove a clio and megane coupe before my 370 so I went from pretty sensible cars to a sports car.

But the one thing I will tell you, go sport + nav I think the 370 looks alot worse without even just the fricking spoiler

1. I use it as a daily, I never regretted it. Sure it isn't a BMW or mercedes but its pretty comfy, seats are great and plenty of room. I had a 2009 megane coupe and this is more comfy for some reason. Yes you will feel the road but its the good kind of feeling. I personally love the feeling of the steering wheel since its not very light and you can feel the road through it.

2. Yes you hear quite abit of road noise from the back especially if you get some fine rocks in the wheel arches. But you get used to it after a while and strangely it is kinda relaxing because you hear the exhaust more and the road. unless you drive on a broken road with alot of loose pebbles then it turns into some sort of music.

3. Depends on how bad the winters are. if you really drive in alot of snow I advise good winter tires since it IS a RWD so going sideways will happen.

4. I personally don't hate the paint sure I got quite a bit of small dents on the bumper because of the broken roads but my megane had the same problem. Hell I actually accidently rubbed my right side against a truck while trying to get through a small road because some old woman in a BMW couldn't wait There was some kind of white stuff on the paint but I rubbed it off, not even a scratch.

5. My 370 has about 14.000 miles, no problems except for my alarm apparently freaking out. I think its pretty reliable.
Vegitto-kun is offline   Reply With Quote