View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 06:50 PM   #21 (permalink)
AK370Z
Administrator

Drives: 09 370Z MB Sports M6
AK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Some things I'd like your opinions on are:
1. How does it fair as a daily driver? I've read a few of the previous posts on this topic and most of it seems generally positive but... not really reassuring.

I'll be driving to/from school (an hour each way) in the fall when I go back to school for my Masters and most of it will be fairly smooth roads. I know it's not going to comfortable, like my previous cars but is it at least bearable? In my city there are plenty of really bad roads which I'll have to drive through nearly everyday but they're short stretches. I'm only 5'8" and have sat in one already so space isn't an issue.

2. I've read a lot of complaints about road noise. Has that issue been fixed or is it still prevalent?
ANS: It's a sports car. It'll always be noisy. High end sports cars like Lambo, Ferrari are far more noisy than this. I personally have no complain. The Z will certainly be more noisy than your previous cars, no doubt.

3. Now... I'm sure this will make some of you cringe but can this be driven during the winter, with the standard all season tires? (*My brother's IS350 has summer/winter tires and that's something I'd rather not put up with.)
Ans: Dry Winter = all season no problem. A lot of snow winter = you need dedicated winter tires. I have a winter tire set for winter snow driving. 370Z is a very light RWD car. Coming from FWD Acura TL and Accord, I DO NOT suggest all season for you. Also, you must learn how to drive RWD in snow too (how to accelerate slowly in 2nd gear, no gas during turns etc)

My commute will be done in the northern IL area and winters here are pretty bad... and I know that going from two front wheel drive cars to a rear wheel sports car is NOT going to be an easy transition.
Ans: Look at my reply to the previous question.

4. The paint really that bad? I mean... I sofa-king hate swirls/chips on my cars. I understand it's unavoidable but from "Most Fragile Car I've Ever Owned!", it sounds like the paint just falls off for some of you.
Ans: I think some paints are more fragile than other (i.e. Black) but I have no complain with Monterey Blue. I just wash/waxed with the cheapest wax on the market and here's how it came out. It'll get much better with professional detailing product (which I'm planning on using next time after I attend detailing clinic on how to do proper detailing)

5. To those of you with the 2009 model, is it a fairly reliable car? We've always bought Japanese since they make reliable cars but JD powers gave the 2010 Z a 6/10 rating in terms of reliability. I understand it's only an estimate but still, figured I'd get some of your opinions.
Ans: just rolled over 19,250 miles (and that's in just over 1 year). Only made 1 trip to the dealer so far and that's because I overtightened a lug nut (wheels) and broke it. Those who rides with me knows that I def "DRIVE "the car (don't baby it). Maintain any car, put the best stuff in and it'll be problem free for years.
My Monterey Blue Z ll My Exhaust --> My Intake --> G3
Nissan's Official Response Regarding Oil Temp Issue: CLICK HERE
Need a Set of Cheap Winter wheels /Tires? Then Visit The Banner Link Below and Place Your Order. You'll Help Keep The370Z Alive.
AK370Z is offline   Reply With Quote