View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 06:38 PM   #39 (permalink)
gumpy
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370z white manual
gumpy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
Nissan security system is the most advanced of all stock alarms. As far as hotwiring your car? It would be extremely difficult. Even if they knew how it would take too long to bother. But there are no suspension sensors. So stealing your car wheels would be easy. Also there's some kinda trick with magnets they do to shut off alarms. So they can steal your whole interior. Seats gauges, pull the motor right out of the hood.
But your chassis will stay right there. You kno why? The computer kill switch will make sure that they never start the car. But when there's a will there's a way. A well financed car thief ring would just tow it without attracting too much attention.
So just make sure you have insurance and enjoy your car without paranoia of thievery. Just take normal precautions. Don't park on dead streets. Don't park in a solitary area. A lot of people do that so the car won't get scratched but it makes it a total mark for thieves. Trust me. I know a few ex-car thieves.
Sport package will be a target cuz the rim and tires alone are worth 3k. The nismo almost 5k. The brake kits are the new hot item. So expect more thievery this summer. Also the bose head units sell pretty
well. You got alota guys out there that bought base and for $1,000 to 1,500 can get YOUR touring packages. Lol. That sux.
really?

In Australia Nissan car's generally get low scores for security... Subaru get high scores... so i always thought it was a simple system that Nissan used...

in the end if people steal these cars here, they just load on the back of a truck and drive off and deal with the system later...
gumpy is offline   Reply With Quote