View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 05:38 PM   #20 (permalink)
fyreboltx
Base Member

Drives: 2006 Accord EX I4
fyreboltx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by waaaasabi View Post
Maintenance is pretty much the same, except you'll have to be a bit more vigilant on checking the oil as the engine will go through its share. Changing the oil yourself is pretty straight forward on this car, and AK has a great DIY guide in the DIY section of this forum.

But ultimately the reason I believe you want a low maintenance car is because you expressed unwillingness to change out your tires from summers to winters. If you want to drive it during the winter, through snow and sleet, snow tires are your only choice; compromising with all-seasons would be disastrous. As for potential paint damage from winter driving, a good waxing before the season and a good detail in immediate post-snow period will suffice, but again, if it's black, you'll be putting in more work. Also, you'll probably have to do some rust assessment after the snow season, but that's pretty simple, too.
I guess that does sound lazy of me... but no, I'll definitely get snow tires since it definitely sounds like doing so otherwise would be idiotic. I have no plans to drive it when the roads are covered in snow. And I guess I better keep a few extra quarts of oil around, just in case.

Thanks.
fyreboltx is offline   Reply With Quote