View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 03:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
Zaggeron
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 370ZR '13 BRZ
Zaggeron is a jewel in the roughZaggeron is a jewel in the roughZaggeron is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleks View Post
"Predicted Reliability: Derived from historical trending for a vehicle and/or manufacturer in our Initial Quality and Vehicle Dependability Studies, Predicted Reliability is a forecast of how reliable a newer vehicle might be over time."

Ummm ... I'm not sure whether you are agreeing with me or disagreeing...
Yes, predicted reliability is derived from their initial quality studies and historical data. Nevertheless they are different categories in the JD Power report -- obviously since the Z got a 4 for initial quality and a 3 for predicted reliability.

My point in my earlier post was about how they are determining this because the 370 hasn't been around for very long. I posted to your post because your post seemed to be all abut the initial quality ratings which do not use historical data and, as I agreed with you, are mostly about the customer's subjective impression of the quality of their vehicle.

I think that, other than our choice of words, we are in irreconcilable violent agreement